Does the employee have to accept a unilateral change to his job?

An employer may reserve the right to change or revoke the terms of employment later when entering into an employment contract with an employee. This is called a unilateral amendment clause and is determined in writing in the employment contract. Amendment clause requirements Reliance on a unilateral amendment clause is likely if the employer has such a compelling interest in changing the terms of employment that that prevails over the interests of the employee who is harmed by the change. Basic premises Although the ‘Van der Lely/Taxi Hofman’ judgment shows that an employee is obliged to agree to a reasonable change to his job due to changed circumstances, it is not possible to make a change [...]